Chelsea Academy is a fantastic place to work. Staff have access to first class facilities, motivated and committed students and an ethos of professional development and self improvement. Whether you join as an associate member of staff, an NQT, a middle leader or a member of the leadership team your development is important to us. We are committed to ensure that all staff have access to outstanding CPD, be this in school through our in-house ‘excellence in leadership’ program (a bespoke 8 module course facilitated by external leadership coaches), or the more regular NPQML, NPQSL, teaching leaders or future leaders routes. We also have a two hour staff development session every week to ensure that you have the most up to date training and development opportunities as all of our students deserve the best teaching and best teachers.
A number of our middle and senior leaders started at the Academy and have been promoted internally. We also have a number of middle leader whom we have developed into senior leaders at other schools. We have particular expertise in the area of leadership development and improving teaching in class. We are always looking for excellent ambitious teachers to join us so that we can develop them further. As well as developing staff we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private health insurance including physiotherapy.
- Free lunch each day.
- An Academy Laptop.
- Performance related pay.
- More PPA time than local schools.
- Access to the Chelsea Academy Learning Cloud (CALC) with anytime, anywhere access to email, calendars, the staff shared drive and the google suit of productivity tools (gmail, drive, calendar, google classroom etc…).
- Easy access to central London via the District line (Fulham Broadway is a pleasant 15 minute walk from the Academy).
- Five minutes walk from Imperial Wharf Station – served by the Overground and Southern Railway.
- Membership to the staff association which arranges social events each half term.
At Chelsea Academy we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. All member of our community have the right to respect and tolerance from others and equally are expected to treat others with the same respect and tolerance. We encourage and enable employees and students to achieve their full potential in an environment which is free from all forms of unfair treatment, discrimination and harassment. The values and ethos of the Academy are central to our Equality and Equal Opportunities policy
Chelsea Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will have to be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Investors in People Gold
We have held the Investors in People Gold award since 2011 and are proud to have been reaccredited this award in May 2020. Your professional development is important to us.
Find out more about our current vacancies